Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What A Fun Day!

Okay, so have you lived until you've packed about 6 vehicle fulls of teachers, parents, and 3, 4, and 5 year olds and trucked them off to the local fast food joint and then the FFA Petting Zoo.

That was me today, along with 2 teachers, several moms, and even a dad or two, and about 35 K3, K4, &K5 aged children.

What a fun day! The kids had a ball. They all got a kids meal to enjoy, then they got to enjoy the farm animals. Most of the kids are from the city and don't get to enjoy the big animals. Their excitment was great. For the most part they all behaved and by the Grace of God, this is field trip #2 for the year, and we haven't lost one student yet. LOL.

Todays field trip also brought back memories for me. I was very involved in FFA in High School and I loved every minute of it.

I miss not having any farm animals around. But I loved the smell of the shop, with the smell of the animals and all the smells that come with them.

I hope the kids enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments: