Saturday, August 1, 2009

On A Mission ( A Money Saving Mission)

Okay, so here is my mission...I want to save money! How hard could it be? With me, its very difficult.

Here is how I plan to do this. I have started couponing, and I have done an envelope budget system starting with my hubby's paycheck on 8/14.

I am in need of a newer vehicle soon, and my goal, is to pay cash. We don't have a vehicle payment now, and I don't want to start having one.

Before I spent $200 (every two weeks) everytime I went to the grocery store. I really need to cut that back! I started Friday (7/31) with my coupons, register rewards, and help from God. I really want to be a more frugal steward of my husband's (and God's) money. So here I go.

I have already thrown the receipts from Friday away, but I did do really good for my first time out. I think I spent around $85 in groceries for the week and $45 in personal items. I also got 12 ECB's back from CVS to use toward my next purchase.

Please join me on this endeavor and pray that I can reach my goal.

Till next time,

2 comments:

Molly said...

QT, you're my hero. I told my hubby the other day that I wanted to start an envelope budget. I'm not sure that i can make couponing work for us though.

Anonymous said...

Hold your very own online garage sale!
Use TripleClicks to clean out your closets, attic, and garage. List and sell dozens of even hundreds of items and start putting cash in your pocket TODAY!


http://www.tripleclicks.com/10737492/go